Tennessee Specialty License Plates can now be given as gifts through the Gift-A-Tag program by directly by going to tngiftcenter.com/giftatag.
Tennesseans can give relatives and friends a GIFT-A-TAG for a Specialty License Plate, the personalization of a Tennessee License Plate, or for renewing a Specialty License Plate. Each GIFT-A-TAGis $35 and people can buy as many as they want.
How To Buy Gift-A-Tag:
- Go to tngiftcenter.com/giftatag and click on the purchase button
- Select the number of vouchers needed, and complete the credit card and email information
- Check your email for your GIFT-A-TAG vouchers
- You can then EMAIL your GIFT-A-TAG vouchers to your family and friends or PRINT for a hard copy
- The lucky recipients of your GIFT-A-TAG voucher should then check out the available Specialty Plates online (tn.gov/revenue/article/available-license-plates), or complete the online application to personalize a license plate
- The last step is for the recipients to go to their local County Clerk’s office to redeem the voucher and select their specialty license plate
- For personalized plates, the County Clerk will contact them when the plate is ready to be picked up
- GIFT-A-TAG can also be used to renew Specialty License Plates or personalized plates
- For more information about Tennessee Specialty Plates, visit tnspecialtyplates.org